Joseph K. Speicher, CPA
As a CPA and Principal of Berlin Ramos, Joseph Speicher has over 30 years of experience working with a diverse clientele. His expertise includes conducting and supervising accounting, auditing, and tax and management advisory engagements with a heavy emphasis on real estate, retail, professional service organization industries, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Real Estate (Including HUD Projects)
- Professional Service Organizations
- Non-Profit Organizations
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- MBA, Management
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Active in several charitable organizations
How does your passion for your career tie in with your expertise?
My passion is dealing with smart people – clients, potential clients, and our staff. I’d say my expertise is in client service. Since I enjoy working with people, I am attentive to their particular needs and proactive with my advice and solutions.
How has your personal life affected your professional life?
I truly enjoy dealing with people, in or out of the office. I’ve been fortunate to have a group of clients who feel the same. The relationships I’ve formed seem to transcend the business issues and support a true team approach.
The same is true for my personal life. I truly enjoy accounting, and this has led me to lend my services on a volunteer basis out of the office.
Is there a story that stands out in your career?
There’s a client we have been working with for over 30 years. Over this time, they’ve grown from a one-person business to over 100 employees with operations in several states. We have not only been their accountants but also their advisors, and they attribute some of their success to Berlin Ramos. That’s a heck of a feeling.